Re: Empire Strikes Back

  • storkanp
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2002
      Martin is right, the difference was slight. However, the translation
      of "Chewbacca" into Czech "Zvejkal" or "Zvejk" is probably the worst
      nightmare of SW dubbing. I believe all other languages retained the
      original name. Using the same approach, you could translate Skywalker
      as well, and more easily, let's say Hvezdochodec?. Sounds silly, he?
      Actually, everything above is despite the fact that the translation
      was done Frantisek Fuka, one of those most familiar with Star Wars
      world here, in CZ, and great SW fan.
      It would be much more better to use the subtitles instead.
      And yes, "zkracene motory" - it was really striking the eyes... or
      ears.

      Pavel Storkan