RE: [Czechlist] Re: License agreement - mask work rights, national government

  • Tropen
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29, 2002
      Thank you Jirka, Melvyn and Alena very much for your suggestions!

      Keep well,

      Josef

      > > 1. mask work rights = ???

      Hi Josef,

      Here's a link that might sort you out:

      http://www.patent-agents.cz/pojmy.html

      Komora patentových zástupcù
      ... Integrované obvody se chrání pomocí svých topografií (mask work).
      Topografií obvodu se pro úèely ochrany rozumí série jakkoli
      zafixovaných nebo ...

      ... Pøíklad ochranné známky: Topografie polovodièù (angl. mask work).

      --- In Czechlist@y..., "Jirka Bolech" <jirka.bolech@s...> wrote:

      > In my humble opinion, it is not what you wrote but simply
      > <ustredni vlada> of the whole country (nation).

      I get that impression too from the American sites that mention local,
      tribal, state and national government all in one breath (I understand
      'state' here means places like Alabama).

      You'll find that 'national' is also used in Britain in contexts where
      'state' would be used here, e.g. a Czech "State Heritage Conservation
      Institute" would sound a lot more "British" if we said something like
      'National Heritage Conservation Trust' - not that I would advocate any
      such thing, you understand.

      I'd agree that a 'business prospect' will be a potential client (see
      archive).