TERM: Zajistit

  • Erik Piper
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2002
      In some special cases, esp. "nechat vypracovat," I translate it as "order."

      Erik
      ---
      Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
      Verze: 6.0.350 / Virová báze: 196 - datum vydání: 4/17/02
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
        On 4/28/02 3:30 PM, "Erik Piper" <erik@...> wrote:

        > In some special cases, esp. "nechat vypracovat," I translate it as "order."

        One of my former employees swears she's seen "zajistit provedeni
        implementace reseni".... (Or something like that; I remember there were four
        of those empty words in a row.)

        Michael

        "The people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. That is
        easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
        denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
        danger."

        -- Hermann Goering
      • ottop1
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
          > One of my former employees swears she's seen "zajistit provedeni
          > implementace reseni".... (Or something like that; I remember there
          were four
          > of those empty words in a row.)

          This is what a lot of Czech civil servants are capable to slip in
          their reports or other written documents on multiple ocassions. :-)

          BR

          Otto
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2002
            Yeah, and I bet they feel pretty proud of how "high" their report looks and sounds ;-))))

            Martin

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2002
              Of course, the best report is the least comprehensible one since it
              shows the utmost level of skills of the civil servant who draw it
              up. :-( or :-)

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2002
                How else? As their ultimate goal is to survive in their position regardless of restructuring, purges or changes, they stick to the motto, The less you do, the less you can spoil. And sure, if your report is being understood, there is always something that might be - or be considered - wrong.

                Of course, the best report is the least comprehensible one since it
                shows the utmost level of skills of the civil servant who draw it
                up. :-( or :-)

                Otto

                > Yeah, and I bet they feel pretty proud of how "high" their report
                looks and sounds ;-))))

                > Martin
                > "zajistit provedeni
                > > implementace reseni".... (Or something like that; I remember
                there
                > were four
                > > of those empty words in a row.)
                >
                > This is what a lot of Czech civil servants are capable to slip in
                > their reports or other written documents on multiple ocassions. :-
                )

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com