Recommanded Source Materials

  • Paul Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      Thanks Martin, I'll certainly look into this when I get to Prague sometime in the New Year. I've never read any Viewegh but I gather he's a smooth operator. I know Sverak's work rather well and just love everything he does. I've got a lot of it on CDs and video cassettes and many's the time he helped me keep my sanity, playing with his friends in the background when I was wading through some horrible gunge, such as the Building Act.
      I'd really like to do Jara Cimrman, in fact, but realize all too well what a futile undertaking it would be, what with all the names and references that wouldn't mean anything to Joe Public.
      And yet, Sverak once said in an interview something about touring with the company in Germany and Russia. Do they then have some foreign-language adaptations, anyone?
      And has any Werich been translated? Hornicek? Suchy?

      Paul