How to use ISAP web pages?

  • karel6005
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      Dear Jirka Pelka and/or other listmates proficient in using ISAP
      dictionaries,

      Recently I have attempted to use these pages for a specific job (an
      En to Cz translation of a draft EU directive in the area of
      telecommunications) but without much success. Since I have also
      fairly recently interpreted in fact several conferences with more or
      less identical topics, I am 100% sure the terminology checked is
      genuine and very widespread - but nevertheless - no hits on ISAP,
      where I wanted to reconfirm the equivalents I had just overheard some
      time ago.

      Principally I am confused with the fact that there are in fact FIVE
      possibilities where to enter an En to Cz query on TWO separate web
      pages. Maybe I am just not bright enough but on the other hand I
      swear I can use routinely, easily, intuitively and fairly efficiently
      for instance EURODICAUTOM, Webster Hypertext Gateway, etc., etc.

      Therefore I would appreciate very much if somebody could spend some
      time to explain me and probably to other interested listmates as
      well, how to find step-by-step in a fast and efficient way for
      instance the equivalent(s) of some of the following terms (all from
      telecommunications and all very frequently used in Brusselese):

      right of way (to transmit)
      significant market power
      unbundled access (to local loop)

      TIA & BR

      Karel
    • jurpelka
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        Ahoj Karle,

        ted nemam cas se o tom rozepisovat, mnohokrat se o tom mluvilo na
        diskusni skupine JTP.

        O ceske DB ISAP i o slovenske partnerske databazi se psalo v casopise
        JTP "ToP" a v Dopise clenum JTP.

        Jirka