Re: [Czechlist] Vypichovany brambory

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hi Coilin:

      No one of my favourite - and pretty thick - cook books includes this. The
      only Google hits I found was a weird bunch of recipes from a TV show, and a
      menu from a posh restaurant. I suspect it's just a fancy buzzword for
      "restovane" brambory, i.e. potatoes cut to pieces and shallow fried, but
      just guessing.

      HTH

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        Thanks Martin
        > No one of my favourite - and pretty thick - cook books includes this. The
        > only Google hits I found was a weird bunch of recipes from a TV show, and
        > menu from a posh restaurant. I suspect it's just a fancy buzzword for
        > "restovane" brambory, i.e. potatoes cut to pieces and shallow fried, but
        > just guessing.
        >
        > HTH
        > Martin

        Thanks Martin,

        Most of the Czechs I have asked are not really sure what it is either.
        Guess its another one of those "ask the chef" situations. It's weird the
        way menus can cause so much trouble when they should actually be really
        straightforward... Give me a good old lease contract anyday :-)

        Best regards

        Coilin