Pundi?

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
      A colleague on Lantra is asking for a translation of the following.

      >>> G. Bohac. "Pundi zivocichove jako bioindikatory antrapogennikh
      >>> zmen prostredi." Zivot. Prostred., 1989...

      The funky spelling is due to transcription from Cyrillic. Most of it is
      clear enough, but what the heck is "Pundi"?

      Thanks,
      Michael

      --
      "I think it's important for those of us in a position of responsibility to
      be firm in sharing our experiences, to understand that the babies out of

      - George W. Bush in an interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press, Nov.
      21, 1999.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
        Could be pudni (ground, underground...)

        But I'm no biologist

        Somewhat far from your quote, but the rest of the spelling is funny as
        well - never heard of a Czech text being in Cyrilic before - what's the
        story?

        Matej

        > A colleague on Lantra is asking for a translation of the following.

        > The funky spelling is due to transcription from Cyrillic. Most of it is
        > clear enough, but what the heck is "Pundi"?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Michael
        >
        > --
        > "I think it's important for those of us in a position of responsibility to
        > be firm in sharing our experiences, to understand that the babies out of
        > wedlock is a very difficult chore for mom and baby alike. ... I believe we
        > ought to say there is a different alternative than the culture that is
        > proposed by people like Miss Wolf in society. ... And, you know,
        hopefully,
        > condoms will work, but it hasn't worked."
        >
        > - George W. Bush in an interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press, Nov.
        > 21, 1999.

      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
          On 3/29/02 1:37 PM, "Michael Grant" <mgrant@...> wrote:

          > The funky spelling is due to transcription from Cyrillic. Most of it is
          > clear enough, but what the heck is "Pundi"?

          Answering my own message: "pundi" was a typo for "pudni" (půdní). All clear
          now.

          Michael

          --
          Push button. Foam coming plenty. Big Noise. Finish.
        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
            On 3/29/02 2:17 PM, "Matej Klimes" <mklimes@...> wrote:

            > Somewhat far from your quote, but the rest of the spelling is funny as
            > well - never heard of a Czech text being in Cyrilic before - what's the
            > story?

            I think it was part of a bibliography in a Russian publication.
            Thanks,
            Michael

            --
            The government doesn't want you to know... e-mail doesn't work. At all. It's
            a scientific impossibility.