Skip to search.

Re: Archaeology

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2 8:16 AM
      > >Now has anyone read any nice modern Czech book, short story, or poem
      > >lately? A rattlin' good read worth translating? I'd love to try it
      > >as an exercise and to get away from the usual stuff for a while. I
      > >have no commercial exploitation in mind.

      What about some short stories (or rather long comments) by Michael Viewegh?
      They are more or less regularly published in Mlada Fronta Dnes: bright,
      dynamic and pleasant to read. It�s about half page each - quite enough to
      translatce after a good lunch and coffee.
      Alternatively, you can try some children songs by Uhlir and Sverak. They are
      very simple but quite a challenge for any translator.