Hockey and sponsors

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 6:48 AM
      > every season when sponsors change. I suspect they are under strict orders
      of
      > their boss and some kind of marketing contracts.
      Well. as far as I'm concerned, that shouldn't be happening - at least not on
      CZTV.....

      I don't care who, bosses or individual announcers, but someone thinks this
      is quite normal and I think it's not, Telecom gets their disgusting yellow
      logo on everything hockey-related and that should make them happy enough,
      call it what they want in official documents, maybe in headlines and titles
      of web pages and stats., but don't make the poor guys repeat it over and
      over again - that IS weird......

      I did a fair bit of articles (I did photos and translating, my friend the
      reporting and selling) on Extraliga and famous Czech NHL players for
      American hockey and general interest publications.....of course we just
      called it "Extraliga - the Czech National league" - but it just occured to
      me that NHL got round this stuff by making themselves a multi-million dolar
      enterprise

      So while the Avs fought for their Stanley Cup in the PEPSI ARRREEENA, nobody
      would accept caling the entire thing Coca-Cola National Hockey League (for
      example)......That's the problem with extraliga - not a big hockey fan, but
      from what I found out during those assignments, the whole thing relies on a
      few star players who get decent salaries (for Czech standards) and the rest
      is unknown youth league coaches, guys who maintain the ice rinks, etc., all
      of whom do it for next to nothing and the love of hockey.....

      I've seen people - young and old - paying tens of thousands CZK for NHL
      cards with Hasek on them and "a splinter from Hasek's Game- used stick" (not
      joking) in a little perspex box attached at auctions - and they were workers
      or students.....

      Sometimes I felt sorry for them (especially after I found out how much the
      team PR publications paid for photos and copy) - if they had those
      conditions here NHL wouldn't stand a chance......)

      Matej

      > As to the Red Bull's crowding to one line, I am afraid this would make the
      > fonts too small to catch the eyes of bystanders...
      >
      > M.,
      > svobodné kopi anglictina cestina prekladatel

      Telecom's
      > > PR agency......
      > >
      > > I think we're (or maybe the slightly older generation is) not used to
      > > dealing with sponsorship etc. - and this is big money advertising kind
      of
      > > sponsorship, it's even worse when it comes to giving money for a good
      > cause
      > > without letting the whole world know about it kind of thing......
      > >
      > > But I guess when Red Bull pays the entire think it's not that bad - and
      > it's
      > > them calling it that - which is certainly more natural than a person who
      > > isn't part of the scheme.........
      > >
      > > Can you imagine your average hockey fan going "I'll be late tomorow,
      > > darling, it's the Cesky Telekom extraliga semi finals...."?
      > >
      > > Whoever designed the flyers should not have broken the name into two
      > lines,
      > > that's the main problem, as it suggests a break between the two parts
      > where
      > > there is none.......if it said
      > > I. Red Bull letecy den I wouldn't question it at all.......
      > >
      > > Matej

      Samozrejme