Re: [Czechlist] JESTE: Hlasit se k narodnosti

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2002
      > However, in general, nejaky cesky obcan polske narodnosti would for us be
      > Czech citizen of Polish ethnicity.

      FWIW, I am pretty sure we would say "of Polish descent". BTW, I am not sure
      if "ethnicity" is quite the same thing as the "narodnost" Kostas is talking
      about, e.g. an Irish unionist might claim Irish ethnicity but British
      nationality...

      I just suppose it goes to show what a minefield (sometimes literally) this
      whole nationality/ethnicity issue is.

      Coilin