Re: [Czechlist] full marks

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2002
      In a message dated 3/21/02 4:06:45 AM, hybs.jiri@... writes:

      >Is it possible to write:" I graduated at the Grammar school with full
      >marks?"
      >meaning excellent results:-)

      It sounds possible, but I wouldn't understand it and wouldn't be sure if it
      was real English or not. And some people would think that "grammar school"
      meant zakladni skola, from which people don't graduate (unless it's one of
      those American elementary schools that's been affected by the "self-esteem"
      movement, at which they have cap-and-gown ceremonies even for "graduation"
      from kindergarten!).