spravce verne ruky

  • Petr Jarol�m
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
      Dear all!

      Have you ever heard about Smlouva o spravci verne ruky? The context says
      that a company wanted to buy shares and appointed a lawyer to be spravce
      verne ruky. Then, the lawyer bought the shares on its behalf. That is all.
      Any ideas?

      Thanks in advance
      Hana
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Petr Jarolím" <ok2med@c...> wrote:
        > Dear all!
        >
        > Have you ever heard about Smlouva o spravci verne ruky? The context
        says
        > that a company wanted to buy shares and appointed a lawyer to be
        spravce
        > verne ruky. Then, the lawyer bought the shares on its behalf. That
        is all.
        > Any ideas?

        Hello Hana,

        Here's one line of enquiry that might be worth following up. I'd
        presume that "spravce verne ruky" is derived from the German concept
        "Treuhänder", which Tomasek's Czech-English-French-German Legal
        Dictionary translates as "fiduciary" (his Czech translation is
        "fiduciar") but elsewhere, I see, it is translated as "trustee"
        (sverenecky spravce). Tomasek gives "fiduciary agreement" and
        "contract of trusteeship" for "fiduciarni (sverenecka) smlouva" and I
        have also found numerous examples of "trustee agreement" on the net.
        Might be worth checking these ideas out on Google with key-words from
        your context to see if any of them fit.

        Time for my fix of smazeny syr.

        M.
      • paulnovotnyquebec
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
          I'd say that it's "Escrow Contract" or something like that. I once
          asked a lawyer friend of mine and he said that "spravce verne ruky"
          does not exist under the Czech law. From my experience, it's not so
          much a matter of linguistics, but what is accepted in legal practice.
          I guess it would therefore depend on what is that particular contract
          called under the law that it is governed by. In the Czech Republic,
          if I'm not mistaken, only the types of contracts listed in the
          Commercial and Civil Codes are possible, or at least I don't recall
          working on any other types. If you translate a lot of contracts, get
          the Trade Links translation of these two laws and you'll have most of
          the vocabulary you'll ever need. Trade Links translations are
          sometimes akward, but they're a good place to start. I've found most
          dictionaries to be practically useless.
        • paulnovotnyquebec
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
            Escrow Contract
          • Petr Jarolím
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
              Thanks, Melvyn.
              This helped me much. I will also try Google searchning...
              Hana