Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: Eat-and-run

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      > I stopped getting klobasy on Vaclavak after one squirted a fountain of
      > grease on my suede coat; I was starting to get disillusioned anyway: the
      > gristle content of the sausages is so high.

      I stopped buying those after one kept me on the bog for a weekend - never
      had a worse diarhea......but I admit they are seriously tempting on early
      morning drunken returns from pubcrawls.....

      Re: food we miss:

      Sweden and Denmark has a great thing called "Kari Sild", they are sweet/sour
      pickled herrings (Matjesy-kind) in a creamy curry sauce..........my local
      Julius Meindl carries "svedske slede", but the sauce is sweeter, with no
      curry and with dill.......I usually get half a kilo and mix them with sour
      cream, one sachet of curry, chopped onions, bit of vinegar and a touch of
      sugar....they are quite good after they've sat in a jar in the fridge for a
      few days, but not as good as the original.......

      Matej
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
        On 3/1/02 4:51 AM, "Simon Vaughan" <rachelandsimon@...> wrote:

        > Michael, you're an entrepreneurial type: ever thought of branching
        > out into sausage-exporting? You could do Smithfield ham, too. Blue Danube
        > Meat-packing and Translation Services. Yeah, has a ring to it, doesn't it?

        Hmm, I'd prob'ly want to do chorizo. And picante sauce--anyone want to buy
        some picante sauce?

        Michael

        --
        _
        | |
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
          On 3/1/02 5:20 AM, "JPKIRCHNER@..." <JPKIRCHNER@...> wrote:

          > And the desperate desire for smazeny syr never goes away.

          Hmm, we were just discussing Ukrainian salo on another list. Pure pork fat,
          prepared in any number of ways....

          Michael

          --
          "More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
          - George W. Bush