Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: Eat-and-run

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      > the gristle content of the sausages is so high

      I also get a little uneasy about the relatively small number of stray dogs
      in the streets of Prague...

      > And the desperate desire for smazeny syr never goes away

      Mmmmmm I particularly love those smazaks with a little hollow in the middle
      full of grease. Now there's food to make you "eat and run" (usually about
      two hours later in my experience...)

      Coilin
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
        > I stopped getting klobasy on Vaclavak after one squirted a fountain of
        > grease on my suede coat; I was starting to get disillusioned anyway: the
        > gristle content of the sausages is so high.

        I stopped buying those after one kept me on the bog for a weekend - never
        had a worse diarhea......but I admit they are seriously tempting on early
        morning drunken returns from pubcrawls.....

        Re: food we miss:

        Sweden and Denmark has a great thing called "Kari Sild", they are sweet/sour
        pickled herrings (Matjesy-kind) in a creamy curry sauce..........my local
        Julius Meindl carries "svedske slede", but the sauce is sweeter, with no
        curry and with dill.......I usually get half a kilo and mix them with sour
        cream, one sachet of curry, chopped onions, bit of vinegar and a touch of
        sugar....they are quite good after they've sat in a jar in the fridge for a
        few days, but not as good as the original.......

        Matej
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
          On 3/1/02 4:51 AM, "Simon Vaughan" <rachelandsimon@...> wrote:

          > Michael, you're an entrepreneurial type: ever thought of branching
          > out into sausage-exporting? You could do Smithfield ham, too. Blue Danube
          > Meat-packing and Translation Services. Yeah, has a ring to it, doesn't it?

          Hmm, I'd prob'ly want to do chorizo. And picante sauce--anyone want to buy
          some picante sauce?

          Michael

          --
          _
          | |
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
            On 3/1/02 5:20 AM, "JPKIRCHNER@..." <JPKIRCHNER@...> wrote:

            > And the desperate desire for smazeny syr never goes away.

            Hmm, we were just discussing Ukrainian salo on another list. Pure pork fat,
            prepared in any number of ways....

            Michael

            --
            "More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
            - George W. Bush