Cesky Honza

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
      Most of the fishing boats/quays I once worked on - high nickname
      environments) had a resident thicko. Reverse humour usually gave him his
      nickname, more often than not '[Nationality] Einstein', or 'Brain of
      [Nationality]' after a radio quiz show that doesn't seem to know when to
      die. 'Shit-for-Brains' also featured, but might be a little OTT for the
      context. And in memory of Saint Dury, let us never forget 'Clever Trevor',
      who haunted nearly every part-time job I ever had in the south of England.

      Best

      Tony

      Known in those days as 'Bollocky Long' not, unfortunately because of any
      particular courage or sexuality, but because of a reputation for getting
      very bad-tempered, often with authority figures (usually the harbourmaster
      or the local bailiffs), and being very stroppy about rules and regulations.