Re: [Czechlist] Eat-and-run

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2002

      > >If they leave the guest unattended for a longer time, eg. when the guest
      > >wants to pay, he may leave without paying and they will pay the guest´s
      > >bill out of their salary. This makes them more attentive to their guests.
      >
      > This would be a big problem in the type of Czech restaurant where the
      waiters
      > and waitresses are not allowed to touch money, and the customer has to
      wait a
      > long time for pan vrchni to show up.

      This system drives me nuts. Years ago, when I worked in Molly Malone's (or
      "Maly melon" as Profi taxi drivers still call it) I had the waitresses
      working a system whereby they were each given a float at the start of the
      night, which they had to hand back at the end of their shift (at that time
      500 CZK was enough). They used this to pay the barman for the drinks, etc.
      and they then "restored" it by getting the money back off the customer (they
      would already have got the exact "small" change from the barman). It seemed
      to make everything a lot simpler...

      Coilin