7059Re: [Czechlist] Re: Mass, weight

  • Rachel Thompson
    Jul 2, 2001
      > I'm not sure we always did. Things are much more standardised now,
      > though.

      Then I suppose it must be a very recent standardisation -- you're not
      that much older than me, are you? By the time we started doing
      percentage mass calculations at A-level, everything was "mass" in all
      the course literature, and I'd never heard of this "weight percent"
      until I looked it up this morning.

      But to Petr and others who are wondering what to use, I'd suggest that
      mass is probably the safer bet, since it is more strictly correct.
      Would you go along with that?

      Rachel
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic