6399catalogue

  • Tony Long
    May 2, 2001
      Thanks, everyone, for the help.

      I'm very pleased to have my own feelings confirmed so clearly (author,
      auteur, gift vs. donation etc.) I have printed your messages to use as
      points in the debate with the curator - a classic example of someone who's
      learned enough English to comment, but not enough to understand either
      context or the fact that a formulation's appearance in a previous document
      is far from being a guarantee of its correctness, or even its existence....

      Shame to miss Jamie, since he seems to have a great deal of 'hands-on'
      experience in the art catalogue/gallery field (thanks for the info, Simon).

      Conglameratingly yours

      Tony
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic