Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

52721Re: CES-ENG rodne prijmeni

Expand Messages
  • James Kirchner
    Jul 9 5:09 AM
      I agree with Charlie here, Helena.  You can also write "Previous surname", although I prefer Charlie's recommendation, because you might get a mother who is a serial divorcee.  

      Shorter than "Surname at birth" would be "Né" for the man and "Née" for the woman.  I don't know if the British still use those, but we can still use them in North America.

      By the way I was recently asked to correct a birth certificate translation done by an agency's Czech client, in which the person wrote of the father's "maiden name", so good for you for knowing that's not possible.


      Tue Jul 8, 2014 12:25 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Charles Stanford" charliestnfrd

      "Surname at birth" works for that usually Helena, though there are no doubt
      other solutions

      On 8 July 2014 21:01, Helena Šubrtová HSubrtova@... [Czechlist] <
      Czechlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      > I would appreciate if you give me any advice. It is on a birth certificate.
      > I know it is a maiden name, but what to write if it is related to child's
      > father.
      > Thanks.
      > Helena


      Charlie Stanford
      Telephone: +420 326 996 382
      +420 737 583 608
      Skype: charliestanfordtran slations
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic