52594Re: [Czechlist] Denni davka - upresneni

  • Charles Stanford
    Jan 15, 2014
      Dose is the amount of something you take "at one time" (otherwise you would be talking "dosage" - see below) and also we would reserve it more for medication and for something prescribed. Have not got time I am afraid to look up the semantics of it, but I think you will find that in English people would be unlikely to use "dose" to refer to the total daily intake of a food supplement. Either avoid (i.e. just use "Do not exceed 500 mg" or whatever) or use "total daily intake" or "total daily quantity" or something. "Portions" obviously only works for the number of times you actually take it and not for the total in mg. You cannot really use it in the singular either to refer to the total intake
      HTH
      Charlie

      Despite repeated emphasis upon the distinction between dose and dosage, these two terms continue to baffle us. As we’ve often been told, dose refers to a specified amount of medication taken at one time. In the preferred use of dosage, however, the term refers to the administering of a specific amount, number, and frequency of doses over a specified period of time.

      2014/1/15 <padamek@...>

      Upresneni: je to doplnek stravy, je tam toho na 30 dni, cili 30 davek, kazdy den si nasypte jednu davku a rozkvedlejte ve vode.

      Takze "dose"?
      Petr

      --
      Charlie Stanford