      Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:08 AM
      Subject: [Czechlist] Musical terms

      A few weeks ago I asked several Czechs how to translate the term "slide guitar", referring to the style of some blues guitarists who play specially tuned guitars and slide a bottleneck, a piece of pipe or even a cigarette lighter up and down the strings. Does anybody know what to call this in Czech?

      And while we're at it, how do you refer to a "pedal steel guitar"?