52365Re: [Czechlist] FILM TITLE Ruda eminence

    Sep 25, 2013
      I don't think that even many very well educated people seeing the film in the US would know that the term "The Red Eminence" was ever associated with Cardinal Richelieu (and unfortunately, in a country where people under 30 don't know the difference between Martin Luther and Martin Luther King, they might not even know who Richelieu was, or maybe even what communism was).

      If you think the title would be too closely associated with Richelieu by Europeans, my suggestion would be to rewrite the whole title and jettison the word "eminence".

      Jamie