      From: "Matej Klimes" <mklimes@...>
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 25.9.2013 12:30:52
      Subject: [Czechlist] FILM TITLE Ruda eminence

      Hi all,

      just a quick check.. I have a letter about a proposed new film/script,
      called "Ruda' eminence"

      (It's a docudrama about the Commies, some spies, Commies getting rid of
      Slansky etc., anyway the title refers to the Commies and the regime in
      general, and the ones at the top in particular [Gottwald et al])..

      I see "The Red Eminence" is associated with Cardinal Richelieu - not a
      bad analogy, actually, except it's used to refer to him as a person
      whereas my title is more collective (only in one of its meaning,
      though)..

      My question is would using "The Red Eminence" automatically mean
      Richelieu to an ENG speaker and should I aim for something else, or is
      it OK given that the sinister nature of the Commies' and Richelieu's
      plots was somewhat similar?

      It's just for a mention of the project in a letter, but once I do the
      ENG title it may stick, so I though I'd check

      Thanks