52340Re: [Czechlist] THANKs -- PRONUNCIATION: SHE abbreviation

    Sep 13, 2013
      I think part of the reason, besides what I mentioned before, is that pronouncing it like the word "she" would be confusing in longer speech, because it would leave people wondering when they're talking about the organization, when they mean the pronoun "she", and maybe even if they're talking about a 1960s movie starring Olga Schoberova.

      "When she started working for SHE, she was extremely helpful." Who are they talking about.

      Jamie