52275Re: [Czechlist] Outfolder or the Infolder

    Aug 31, 2013
      This sounds related to the "in box" and "out box" or "in tray" and "out tray" on an office worker's desk.

      Work to be completed will be placed in the worker's "in box" (generally a tray with a sign that says "IN" on it), the worker processes the paperwork, and then he places it in his "out box", where someone picks it up.

      In some computer programs -- such as those for processing advertisements, etc. -- there can be the same concept. Files to be processed appear in an "in folder" on the server (called by various names), the worker processes them and then places them into an "out folder" to be collected for some other process.

      In a smart system (such as one I translate the tech support wikis for), the program can recognize if the work is properly processed to go on to the next step, and if it isn't, it may reject from the folder it has been sent to, and it may alert the user or administrator.

      Jamie