52187Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: Czech please or Czech Please

  • Zuzana Benesova
    Jul 27, 2013
      Wow, you studied with Pynsent, Melvyn. And Inultus made you laugh- poor Zeyer. My thesis was on poetika Obnovenych obrazu. I basically concluded 1) he treated his topics in a way that resembles oral tradition and 2) why not use his works as an introduction to (even) old(er) literature in school? (I was at the Faculty of Education :-)) I don't really care about his being gay or otherwise, even though I'm pretty sure he experienced a great deal of frustration.
      Tereza Novakova is waay off mark as for the Czech Jane Austen, I obviously did too much contract translation on Thursday :-) Eliska Krasnohorska (mainly Svehlavicka) was the name I was searching for. As for Rettigova, the cookbook is the best, but if you want a laugh, go for it!

      You have the most awesome to-do list! Kate Bush - another one of my favourites..

      Zuzka

      27. 7. 2013 v 12:35, Melvyn: