52166RE: [Czechlist] CHAT: Czech please or Czech Please

  • Pilucha, Jiri
    Jul 25, 2013
      ...and the other way around, who are the English Bozena Nemcova and Marie Pujmanova?

      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Melvyn
      Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:46 PM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Czechlist] CHAT: Czech please or Czech Please

      You must steel yourself if only so that you can join in the fun on Facebook Czechlist, where we now have some very illustrious and erudite contributors. https://www.facebook.com/groups/188751454462/

      >Btw, the foodie took Czech Please on Twitter, too. Well, let's
      hope my clients like good food as well as good translations, the blog is not bad
      at all, actually :-)

      Your clients will all be acting like they can smell grandma's cooking: "I must obey, I must obey...". :-) Preklady hladsi nez babicciny palacinky.

      >And Jane Austen is my favourite, of course ;-)

      It definitely shows. :-) As does your fine sense of postmodern self-irony.
      Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has its moments and I am so looking forward to getting my hands on the prequel, or at least the new ten pound note: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/shortcuts/2013/jul/25/jane-austen-quotation-10-note .

      But who is the Czech Austenova? I have searched high and low. Marie Pujmanova is a bit umm strident :-x, Marie Majerova has not really got the hang of understatement and Bozena Nemcova just does not call the servants by their surnames. Do let me know at the Czech Literature Portal, where I now do a stint as translator and editor: https://www.facebook.com/CzechLiteraturePortal/posts/587573204628937 . When you get round to joining FB, that is. :-)

      BR

      Melvyn