51584Re: [Czechlist] Vejminek

  • Valerie Talacko
    May 7, 2013
      I had to translate this several times when subtitling a play last year,
      and I think I ended up using the word "pension." Obviously not the
      actual equivalent, but it was a choice between a legal term that no one
      would have heard of (and wasn't the exact equivalent anyway) and a
      concept that would make sense in a subtitle. Unfortunately I can't
      remember what the legal term was - I came to it via the German
      equivalent of the Czech term, though.

      Valerie