Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

51504Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: Back garden

Expand Messages
  • Matej Klimes
    Apr 26, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      > BTW, do you know what 'anglicky dvorek' is?

      Some kind of sklepni svetlik? A basement skylight?

      Yes, a concrete box in a dug-out on the side of a building to provide
      (very little) light and ventilation through a window that is under the
      ground level.. I presume it's called anglicky after those things
      Victorian town houses in England have: the wrought iron-fenced bit
      where a few steps take you down to an extra door to the basement level,
      or a little yard to keep your bin in and a window... but it's hardly
      the same..

      It's normally not covered by glass, though, just some grates.. and the
      light does not come directly through it, but through a normal window
      that's inside, the box is typically only a metre or less wide, there
      even are prefab fiberglass ones.. doesn't really fit my understanding
      of a skylight, can't remember what I called it when it popped-up in a


      >Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic