51337Re: "Flapjack"?

  • ac4a39b37975b8c0096d48b3385836a2
    Mar 28, 2013
      Nooo....they're more doughy than chewy granola bars. And thicker - about an inch thick, but otherwise roughly the same dimensions. Basically if you made a batch of oatmeal cookies (there are other kinds, but this is the one I eat the most) and added lots of raisins, dried cranberries, maybe some other dried fruit, pressed the dough into a deep cookie sheet and baked it for 5 minutes less than you normally would, cooled it and cut it into bars, you'd have flapjacks.

      Jen

      > So, in the US they'd likely be called "chewy granola bars" (a common commercial description).
      >
      > Jamie
      >
      > On Mar 28, 2013, at 7:15 AM, jenuwefa wrote:
      >

      > > Oh I love flapjacks! Jamie, they're something like underbaked cookie dough bars. I buy them at Costa Coffee or Marks & Spencer here in Prague. Very solid, good when you need a quick something that will keep you filled for a while.
      > >
      > > Jennifer

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic