51283Re: [Czechlist] Re: Professional opportunity

  • Foren - Helga
    Mar 22 5:25 PM
      Right, some of the information I would like to know is actually on the
      website (even though kind of hidden).
      True is also, that I believed my statement regarding the "prominent
      placement" of such information is contained in all legislations (of
      "advanced" countries) to be true. Well, as I found out, it actually is
      only for the EU (EU legislation) and some other countries. In the US
      this is "only" a "should be", even though more or less all "advanced"
      companies do have this information on a "prominent place" on their
      websites (usually in the footer of each and every page of their website).
      Since you reside in the UK, I probably do not need to say, that even
      there such info has to be placed "prominently". Here´s
      http://www.northstar-website-design.com/resources/website_regulations.html
      some reading material in this regard.

      The comment, that I probably did not research well enough puzzles me!
      The company might want me, the translator, or me, the client, and does
      not bother providing me with the most essential company details in a way
      that I can find them immediately, within 20 seconds after landing on
      their website?!
      So it takes only two clicks? Fine, actually three, but ONLY if I know
      where to look for them! And, frankly spoken, under the tag "Contact
      Support" I understand the contact details for Support, not the Company
      Details as such.

      Further, why on earth would I look the company up on ProZ? I have no
      intention to work with them! I was only curious after the first harsh
      comment from your side. So I wanted to see myself what is and what is
      not on that site.

      Mr. Prochazka, even though I firmly believe that you are only trying to
      defend the name and position of Gengo, I still think it might be a good
      idea to look at the issue from an outside perspective, and re-evaluate
      your statements.

      Best, Helga