51278Re: [Czechlist] Professional opportunity

  • Josef Hlavac
    Mar 22, 2013
      Well, in case of this particular website, the contact information
      actually is there.... including fancy Google maps of their Tokyo, Japan
      and San Mateo, Calif. offices, phone numbers, etc. It's just not very
      conspicious.

      I clicked "About us", no real company info there. Clicked "Contact &
      Support", again, no real company info there. Normally, I would have
      given up at this point, thinking of "another website owner that probably
      has a good reason to stay anonymous". Only after more careful looking I
      noticed the link pointing to the office address etc.

      By the way, it's interesting to see that you consider US spam laws
      "strict". I might be wrong but I believe that you can actually spam as
      much as you like in the US, you just have to provide a simple and
      functional opt-out mechanism and perhaps real company contact details in
      each spam message. In CZ, you first have to obtain the recipient's
      permission before you can send them any unsolicited marketing mails. Now
      that's what I'd call strict... (of course, actual enforcement is a
      totally different chapter).

      Josef