      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Melvyn
      Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:50 AM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Czechlist] INFO: Smooth Annie and FB Czechlist

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      "Sarka Rubkova" <sarka@...> wrote:

      > Do you know that it is also called Hladka Ancka (in Krkonose)?

      Mmm a Smooth Annie sounds just the job in this kind of weather. Or is that a
      Nan* Smoothy? Or does hladka have some other meaning here?

      Hladka Ancka je starodavna krkonosska polevka a ackoli se zda, ze je tak
      jednoducha, ze uz ani jednodussi byt nemuze, patri mezi polevky, ktere se
      vesnici od vesnice varily ruzne.
      Nekde se davaji vejce natvrdo do talire, nekde se zakvedlaji rozslehane
      rovnou do polevky, nekde dokonce delavaji vejce smazena a pak teprve
      vkladaji do polevky. Existuj� verze Ancky bez mleka a se smetanou, verze
      zjemnene zloutkem, verze superchudobna jen z vyvaru z cibule a kminu.
      http://www.labuznik.cz/recept/hladka-ancka/

      I see that zakvedlat means to mix (e.g. an egg) into (e.g. soup). Must
      include that in our "Czechs have a word for it" collection, which BTW is now
      housed on the Czechlist Facebook site. Oh, have I not mentioned our new
      Czechlist Facebook site? :-) Well, you can find it easily enough on Facebook
      and you will also find many old Czechlist friends there, as well as some new
      ones. You can ask language questions and you will likely get some good
      answers in with all the banter (banter is de rigeur on Facebook Czechlist
      :-)). You will also probably find it easier there to filter out trolls and
      heavy weirdo Jekyll and Hyde characters. Some users have also commented on
      the ease of use in general.

      BR

      Melvyn
      *"To bed, to bed," said Sleepy Head,
      "Tarry awhile," said Slow.
      "Put on the pan," said highly resourceful and forward-thinking Nan,
      "Let's sup before we go."