51269Re: [Czechlist] Professional opportunity

  • Valerie Talacko
    Mar 22, 2013
      I actually don't think it't intended to be a pyramid (whether it'll
      last is another matter). They just don't offer much in terms of either
      money or quality. But then neither do many smaller or more conventional
      agencies.

      The higher rate that they charge - 0.12 - seems to correspond to what
      we would consider usual agency work, however - translations where
      accuracy is required. It's interesting that their lower rate is
      something they see as being for translation of material where
      accuracy/quality "doesn't really matter" - blog posts, etc. The idea
      that accuracy or quality "doesn't really matter" is a huge one for us to
      swallow, but they see themselves as offering an improvement on machine
      translation. However, their "human" translations may sound better
      quality than machine translation, but won't necessarily be more
      accurate!

      Valerie