51078Re: [Czechlist] Chatification of ISSUE: The Charles University?

    Mar 5, 2013
      There was plenty of opportunity to speak English to native English speakers who were fresher in the country, there were plenty of English-language media, and other ways to maintain one's language skills, so the Internet hasn't worked any miracles in that regard. The English of the people who never learned Czech didn't deteriorate at all. It's a matter of how much one has immersed oneself in the local non-English culture. After all, my friend had no lack of online media, but her husband is French, her kids are French, and most of her friends are French, which is a much bigger force than anything that streams through a monitor.

      And, I have to admit that occasionally I detect that your English judgments are mildly affected by Czech.

      Liz, I think you're angry because I called your video stupid. You showed a vile mischaracterization of a husband and wife in natural marriage, I called it stupid, so I'm evil and you have to find something to slam at me with. It's in the open now. Just relax. That kind of embarrassment eventually goes away.

      JK