51077Chatification of ISSUE: The Charles University?

  • Liz
    Mar 5, 2013

      > What am I supposed to get over? I get TM from Americans who have lived in the Czech Republic for so long that they make the same English mistakes Czechs do.

      Well then, they're shit translators.

      It's understandable why you would have lost touch with English when you were in Marianske Lazne in 1990-something - Facebook, Skype, podcasts, streaming and e-books did not exist yet, and you were probably the only native English speaker you knew within a 10 mile radius.

      Just because you and some people you met in a train lost touch with English doesn't mean it must always happen to every expat. But you'll probably hold on to that belief anyway -- you do seem pretty stubborn.

      - Liz

      PS So excited for my sister's wedding! She and her partner have been together for over 20 years and now they can finally get married! New England rocks :)
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic