50893Sights

  • (no author)
    Feb 12 3:03 AM
      Another one of those things that keep popping up, (historicke)
      pamatky... it's relatively easy to deal with in a sentence, but as a
      standalone heading (with nothing to follow), do you think just 'sights'
      is OK?

      Again, this present case is a bilingual brochure, where things like
      this appear either in bullet point lists, or as captions under/near to
      illustrations..

      Things like:

      Zajímavá místa/Points of interest

      Památky/Sights

      Historické památky/Historic sites

      (they are not in one place like this, but throughout the text) ...
      sounds OK?

      I went for historic sites in the last line to have a bit of a variation
      and to avoid sights, which (IMHO) sounds a bit weird on its own like
      this... I mean things like London sights, sights in London etc. are
      commonplace enough, but just sights alone? I considered attractions,
      but didn't want to go 'tourist attractions' and attractions alone also
      sound a bit suspect, any comments?

      Thanks

      Matej