49133Re: vyvoj akciovych trhu

  • Melvyn
    May 31, 2012
      > On May 30, 2012, at 6:38 PM, Charlie Stanford Translations wrote:
      >
      > > I think he probably just got the preposition wrong Jamie - "development of stock markets" is not quite the same as "developments on the stock market". Nothing wrong with "developments on the stock market" or "stock market developments".... millions of hits for them

      > you're using the word in the plural, which also changes everything.

      I often use "developments" as a translation of vyvoj. Clearly, you have to watch the context, but I find it very frequently sounds more natural without changing the basic meaning.

      Other examples of pluralization to make a word "fit in" more naturally:

      provoz - operation - operations
      obsah - content - contents
      moznost - way - ways
      ztrata - loss - losses
      prodej - sale - sales
      vzhled - appearance - appearances
      presvedceni - conviction - convictions
      protest - protest - protests
      cenova vyhodnost - price benefit - price benefits
      kvalita - standard - standards
      priprava - preparation - preparations