48737Re: [Czechlist] Travod - zkusenosti

    Apr 2, 2012
      In the rare cases when I've seen them name rates, they've been comically low (for us in the US).

      Secondly, I never trust an agency whose e-mails are written in such bad English. Mistakes can be expected from time to time when the project managers or whoever are non-native speakers, but with good agencies they're usually typical Euro-English mistakes, like, "I need you to finish this project until Tuesday." If the English is really mangled, like in the Travod e-mails I get, I assume it's not a serious agency.

      I am also suspicious of agencies who contact me directly through the ProZ.com website. Those usually turn out not to be serious offers, and they're often quite shady. I know that some of my good clients must have found me on ProZ, but they wrote me from their own e-mail accounts.

      Those criteria are not foolproof, but I find they keep me out of trouble. I have other criteria that are quite politically incorrect, and which I won't mention here.

      Jamie