47998Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: "Call us on"

    Dec 27, 2011
      The word Canada comes from a word in the St. Lawrence Iroquoian language that means "village" or "settlement".

      Those of us who live near Canada notice how much they end utterances with "eh?", but they don't do that any more than we finish ours with, "Y'know?"

      If you go to some parts of the South where people talk more slowly, they stretch "y'know?" out to an entire sentence: "Y'know what I mean?" It took me a couple months to realize my painting professor from North Carolina didn't expect an answer to the question.