47988Re: [Czechlist] "Call us on"

  • Gerald Turner
    Dec 27, 2011
      This Brit would say "call us on", and I don't think I'm totally untypical.
      Although since returning to Britain 18 months ago I've heardmany usages
      that sound foreignn to my ears, a lot of them borrowed from over the pond.
      E.g. it is no longer "coffee to take away" but "coffee to go", etc., and of
      course there is also the upward intonation at the end of an affirmative
      sentence that I still find unnerving/irritating.

      With best wishes for the new year,

      Gerry

      On 27 December 2011 15:15, James Kirchner <czechlist@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Do the British say, "Call us on [phone number]," or, "Call us at [phone
      > number]," or something else?

      7 Old Shoreham Road
      Brighton
      Sussex