      From: "Kent Christopher Kasha" <kasha@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:28 PM
      Subject: Re: Re: [Czechlist] Creative translation contest: Lichoz^routi,
      Lichac^e

      Yeah, it came into the English language through Yiddish, though its roots
      are in German, as a lot of Yiddish words are, I guess. I always say that if
      a prairie boy from the plains of Saskatchewan knows what it is, then most
      people in the English-speaking world probably do! :) But I guess it could be
      a bit more obscure. I thought it seemed to flow a bit, but using the word
      nosh too often in the book could get a bit tiresome. So I think the best
      ideas are sockeater or sock-troll, in my humble opinion.