46863Re: [Czechlist] Creative translation contest: Lichoz^routi, Lichac^e

    Aug 3, 2011
      Matej, this type of "being" already exists in American "folklore" and in the English language (at least in the US).

      Every American knows that there is a creature in every dryer called "the Sock Eater" that eats one sock in a pair and leaves the other one.

      So if you call these books/films simply "The Sock Eaters", every American will know immediately that it's about creatures who get into the laundry and eat just one sock from a pair.