45051Re: Translation?: Tisickrat pozdravujeme Tebe - whistling Dixie

  • Sara
    Jan 13, 2011
      It is indeed Czech. I used to have to sing it at funerals as a child.

      Translation: tisic- one thousand ; krat- times
      pozdravujeme- we greet / we send regards
      Tebe- (to)you
      It goes on to talk about Mother Mary. It was always described to me as
      "A goodbye to the blessed mother".

      I have the sheet music. It is by FR. J. Sindelar (with haceks on the s and r).

      Hope that helps!
      Sara

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

      > Who knows what songs Ludwig's mother was singing to him when he was a
      > little boy... :-))
      >

      > Dne 2.12.2010 13:07, Pilucha, Jiri napsal(a):
      > > I entered the tune of "Skakal pes pres oves" and it identified it as Ludwig van Beethoven's piano sonata

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic