44780Re: Translation?: Tisíckrát pozdravujeme Tebe - whistling Dixie

  • Melvyn
    Dec 1, 2010
      I had a rummage around the net but didn't come up with anything. You could try whistling it into your microphone or playing it on a flash keyboard at wwww.musipedia.org but I didn't get any closer than "I wish I was in Dixie". :-O You may have better luck.

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Spacilova" <spacils@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Thanks, Melvyn. I could only find it attributed to "anonymous". If it's Czech, I will leave the name in Czech and place "A thousand times we greet thee" in parentheses (I was also thinking hail - as in the Hail Mary - but I found this in part of some Marian prayer).
      >
      > Stay warm and dry
      >
      > Liz
      >

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Melvyn" <zehrovak@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Here I found it tentatively associated with an A. Blahoslav:
      > >
      > > http://varhanici.euweb.cz/z_koncert_kl06-1.html
      > >
      > > Never heard it anywhere else. Sorry, can't be more help.
      > >
      > > > what about "We Greet You a Thousand Times"?
      > >
      > > Or "A Thousand Times We Hail Thee"?
      > >
      > > I am not going to crack silly jokes about taxi drivers.
      > >
      > > BR
      > >
      > > M.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic