44775Re: Translation?: Tisíckrát pozdravujeme Tebe

  • Liz Spacilova
    Dec 1, 2010
      Hi,

      Thanks, Melvyn. I could only find it attributed to "anonymous". If it's Czech, I will leave the name in Czech and place "A thousand times we greet thee" in parentheses (I was also thinking hail - as in the Hail Mary - but I found this in part of some Marian prayer).

      Stay warm and dry

      Liz

      > Here I found it tentatively associated with an A. Blahoslav:
      >
      > http://varhanici.euweb.cz/z_koncert_kl06-1.html
      >
      > Never heard it anywhere else. Sorry, can't be more help.
      >
      > > what about "We Greet You a Thousand Times"?
      >
      > Or "A Thousand Times We Hail Thee"?
      >
      > I am not going to crack silly jokes about taxi drivers.
      >
      > BR
      >
      > M.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic