Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

40570Professor as title

Expand Messages
  • Jennifer Hejtmankova
    Aug 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      I'm translating some biographies, and one gentleman is a professor at
      a university in Japan. The Czech text refers to him throughout as
      "Professor X" - I might be overthinking this, but is it normal to use
      the same in English? "Professor X has taught at the uni for 11 years"
      "Professor X recently completed a Japanese translation of blahblah"
      It sounds like Czechlish to me, and need the advice of others....I
      have been changing it to "Mr" throughout, but I don't want to cause
      any offense!


      (needs to buy a style guide or strucna mluvnice for English - was in
      the US last week, but couldn't decide on one - any suggestions? Jamie?)
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic