39205Re: CHAT: Is CR in the Central or Eastern Europe?

  • charliestnfrd
    Feb 23 2:45 AM
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "kzgafas" <kzgafas@...> wrote:

      > I find this article quite interesting:
      > http://www.blisty.cz/2009/2/23/art45478.html
      >
      > However, I disagree with Jan Culik on this issue.

      Interesting. To be honest if I ring anyone in Britain and tell them to
      get a move on and not keep asking me to "bear with them", then I say I
      am calling from Eastern Europe always - partly because it will make
      them get more of a move on than "Central Europe" and partly because for
      us everything that was behind the Iron Curtain is Eastern Europe and I
      don't think most British people would understand what I meant by
      Central Europe - perhaps Germany and Austria at a push. I think I am in
      Jan's camp on that one.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic