38468Betting terms: settlement/setttled, to win/each way

    Jan 1, 2009
      Happy new year and stay away from online betting = I always do, so I don't
      have a clue what the terminology is... can anyone help me with:

      settlement/settled
      to Win
      Each Way

      (going into Czech), or at least explain them properly?

      Context:

      Settlement rules:

      Bets are settled to Win unless Each Way is selected. An Each Way bet is a
      bet of twice the selected unit stake. It contains one bet of unit stake on
      the selection to Win and one bet of unit stake on the selection to Place
      according to the terms advertised for the event.

      For example: £10 Each Way on Tiger Woods to win the US Masters (£20 staked)
      Win Odds: 8/1, Place terms 1/4 odds a place 1,2,3,4
      If Tiger wins, both Win and Place bets are winners; £10 @8/1 = £90
      (including stake) plus £10 @ 2/1 (i.e. 8 x 1/4) = £30
      Total Returns = £120
      If Tiger finishes 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Total Returns =£30.

      ... also, what is the mechanism with stakes (vsazena castka) and wins - the
      above example says GBP 20 staked and GBP 90 including stake?? sounds a bit
      confusing to me..

      If someone familiar with the local bookie dialect just translated the
      example above, I'm sure it would clear things up..

      Thanks a lot

      Matej
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic