      From: James Kirchner
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] Help: nadpracovat

      On Dec 1, 2008, at 6:58 AM, Matej Klimes wrote:

      > Waita minute: "Work extra hours" may simply mean work more than
      > expected/required, as in when there's lots of orders in a business
      > in a busy period, or when someone does extra shifts because they
      > need extra money - it doesn't always mean that they will get the
      > corresponding time off later - or does it?

      No, it doesn't. The problem is that we don't have a term for forced,
      inflexible flex time.

      The only way to express it is to say, "They're making me work extra
      hours, but they'll give me extra time off later," or, "I have to work
      extra hours, but my employer is giving me comp time later," or
      something to that effect.